Access2Arts is helping artists, like yourself, to promote and show off their successes! Upload your profile below to join our impressive list of creatives.
- In the first 5 years of professional practice
- receives compensation from his or her artistic activities
- artistic work has been presented to the public
- receives public recognition from peers, public and/or arts funding bodies
- You participate in the arts as fun and for recreation
Artist Profile Conditions
By choosing to have an Artist Profile on the Access2Arts website, you agree to the following:
- You identify as Deaf or Disabled. Disability includes chronic illness, sensory impairments, neurodivergency, invisible disability, mental ill health, dynamic disability.
- You confirm that all details are correct and that you own the copyright of all submitted artwork.
- You confirm that anyone who features in the images you have uploaded has given their permission for their photograph to be used on the site and in Access2Arts promotional materials.
- You agree to have your name appear online and in Access2Arts promotional materials.
- Language and disability are also important. To help you think about what you say and support you to use inclusive language, please download our inclusive language guide (PDF 59 KB)
- You understand that it is your responsibility to keep your profile updated (and we strongly encourage you to do this!)
Please note: if we feel you have used language that isn’t inclusive or that may offend someone, we may contact you and / or suspend your profile. Access2Arts reserves the right to remove any inappropriate material.
Artist Profile Guidelines
- Make sure you upload a good quality image (we recommend a professional headshot or photo of yourself, or of you practicing your art form)
- The best size for Artist Profile images is 370px (wide) x 275px (high)
- Include the photographer’s name if possible
- You will be asked to provide an ‘alternative text’ (description) for your image. This is a visual description of the image to give blind people information about what it contains.
Here’s an example: “photo of musician Jim Conway standing in front of a railway yard, with tracks and traffic lights disappearing off behind him. Jim is looking straight at camera and cupping his hands around his harmonica.”
Artists, please note that this information, once submitted, will be available to anyone to access.
By completing this form you will automatically be added to the Access2Arts’ Artorial (monthly newsletter) email list.
Please contact Access2Arts if you need support with uploading your profile.