Online, register at https://www.meetingplaceforum.org/
Arts Access Australia invite Australia’s d/Deaf and disabled artists, the supporters and allies to join them at 2020’s Meeting Place on 15 and 16 September 2020 for a two-day program of speakers, panel discussions, artistic showcases and interactive sessions.
The 2020 program is curated around the theme ‘Creating Space’ for d/Deaf and disabled artists, whether that be space in community, online, politically or otherwise.
But you will not have to leave your computer because the 2020 Meeting Place program will be delivered entirely online for the first time.
Conference highlights include:
- UK-based disabled artist, writer, designer and producer of interactive experiences, Jane Gauntlett will give the keynote address. Jane has spent more than ten years working in interactive theatre, film and games. Her narrative-driven works explore the capacity for technology to intensify audience experience.
- A panel discussion on “Creating space in a new world”, featuring performance artist and academic, Petra Kuppers (based in the USA), Melbourne artist, Prue Stevenson and Tasmanian designer, Duncan Meerding.
- A virtual tour of the National Portrait Gallery in Canberra curated especially for Meeting Place (delivered as part of our ongoing partnership for accessible virtual tours) The tour will interrogate “Invisible disability: creating space in portraiture”, and will provide a unique opportunity to discover the Gallery’s collection.
- The creation of an online magazine featuring work by d/Deaf and disabled writers. The e-zine will be edited by NSW author/editor Gayle Kennedy and published on our Meeting Place website.
- Closing dance party delivered by Sprung!! Integrated Dance Theatre.
Attendees will be able to engage with sessions live via Zoom or access sessions on-demand, where content allows.
Register Online at https://www.meetingplaceforum.org/product/registrations/
If you need assistance with completing your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Meeting Place website for more program details and to get your ticket at https://www.meetingplaceforum.org/