Attention Deaf and disabled writers! Applications have opened for Spark, a Matchbox – South Australian Film Corporation (SAFC) TV Partnership Initiative.
Spark is a TV development workshop for South Australian writers. It is an opportunity to:
- develop writing skills
- Learn about the market
- Learn entrepreneurial skills
that relate to the Australian television industry.
Matchbox SA development producer Kirsty Stark is delivering Spark. There will be guest appearances by Matchbox staff and industry guests. Spark is an intensive course. It will take place online for a limited number of participants over six weeks.
Spark delivers a condensed learning experience. To fast-track your writing to the next level Spark will use:
- Personalised feedback
- Curated resources
- Several group and individual projectS
- Q&A sessions with writers and producers.
If you’re a South Australian writer of any discipline (film, theatre, TV, novels, journalism…) with an interest in creating fictional work for television, Matchbox SA would love you to be part of it!
Who can apply?
- Be South Australian residents.
- Have a body of written work in any industry (e.g. screen, theatre, comedy, journalism, fiction)
- Had writing published or produced with recognised industry support. For example, MRC, SAFC, or Screen Australia investment for the screen industry. This is not mandatory. Please get in touch if you feel you have equal skills or experience.
Matchbox SA are committed to holding a diverse and inclusive workshop. Matchbox SA encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you have questions, or to find out if the workshop is right for you and to talk about any access requirements please email email@example.com
How can I find out more?
There has been an information session. There are a written transcription and audio version of the session.
Other ways to find out more
- Head to the SAFC website here or the Epic Films website here
- Email Kirsty Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deaf and disabled applicants can also talk to Kata Fodor, SAFC (email@example.com, TEL: +61 8 8394 2009)
- First Nations applicants can talk to Nara Wilson, SAFC (firstname.lastname@example.org, TEL: +61 8 8394 2020)
Applications close at midnight on Friday 3rd July 2020.
For more information and to register, please go to https://epicfilms.com.au/spark/