Slingsby will be offering two six-month Artist in Residence opportunities in 2019. You now have the chance to apply for the second residency.
Slingsby seeks to give artists the time and space to develop their practice alongside the development of a project or a series of projects.
This approach mirrors Slingsby’s own creative process. As an established company, they are pleased to now have the resources to support other artists in their creative journey.
Applications for Slingsby’s Hall of Possibility Artist in Residence are encouraged from independent artists, collectives and groups working across all live performance forms, at all stages of career development, people from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, those with disabilities, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
The two six-month residencies will run:
- Residency One: February to July
- Residency Two: July to December
The Artist in Residence will be given free access to the following:
- Slingsby’s Hall of Possibility (venue specifications)
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Kitchen Facilities
- General Office supplies (paper, printing etc.)
- Creative and Producing Mentorship (to be negotiated)
How to Apply:
Please submit the following:
- 300-500 word biography of the lead artist or collective/company
- 1-page Artist Statement outlining the project/program you wish to develop
- List of other artists involved in the project (including a 100 word bio)
- Residency Two: Friday 31 May, 2019
Email submission as a single PDF to: email@example.com
To find out more about this opportunity, please click here to visit the Slingsby’s Artist in Residence Program webpage.