In the second half of 2021, Tutti’s Founder and Artistic Director of 24 years, Pat Rix, will retire. Pat is leaving the organisation in a strong financial and creative position, with exciting artistic collaborations in place, and steady growth across all programs.
The search is now on for an experienced artistic leader who can build on Tutti’s success and create a strong new artistic journey for the organisation.
Tutti is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and inspired professional artists, ideally who live with a disability, for the role of Artistic Director.
Current programs and projects cover a diverse range of art forms including visual arts, music, theatre, dance, film and new media. Tutti is open to creative approaches, including individual and job share arrangements, to fulfil this unique leadership position.
Your expression of interest should include:
- A resume or summary of your career(s) to date
- Digital links to evidence of your artistic work
- Digital links to your work as artistic leader(s), or artistic director(s)
- A two page (maximum) exploration of what you perceive as future artistic opportunities and collaborative pathways for Tutti, which reflects knowledge and understanding of:
- experimental and cross art form work
- local and national industry practice, peers and trends
- embracing and supporting diversity in artistic leadership
Underpinning all of this should be your knowledge of disability art practice in Australia and abroad, and reflections on your own experience of making work in the sector.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting position in a highly creative, growing organisation please send an Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Sunday 28 February 2021.
There may be the opportunity for short-listed EOI candidates to undertake paid residency placements as part of the recruitment process which will provide a rich “Tutti” experience, and enable artists, staff, management and board to experience what a candidate has to offer.