To celebrate International Day of People with Disabilities and the abilities of people with disability, Australian Red Cross in South Australia is coordinating its second art exhibition called “Creative Abilities”.
The exhibition will take place from 2nd to 13th of December at the Carclew Youth Art Centre, North Adelaide, SA
Australian Red Cross invites artists or team of artists with disabilities, visual or hearing impairment, learning or intellectual disabilities or lived mental experiences to enter an original artwork, no more than 12-months, old that falls within the following specification guidelines:
- Is a 2D artwork that can be hung on an appropriate vertical surface: chalk, charcoal, Oil, Acrylic, Watercolour, Pastel, Pencil, Ink, Mixed-media, Photographic.
- Is a 3D artwork that can be displayed on tables: wood, ceramic, mosaic, glass, metal, fabric, etc.
- Can be presented framed or unframed, however must be supported on an surface appropriate to the medium, including; Paper, canvas, board, etc.
Please complete the following form by 10th November 2019 to express your interest to participate. Successful participants will be contacted after this date to advice on next steps.
People’s Choice Awards will be given to the following categories:
- Established Artist – $1000
- Emerging Artist – $1000
- Recreational Artist – $1000
- Youth Artist – $500 for artist + $500 for school
(Prize will be awarded in the form of a VISA Gift Card)
For further information please contact Ines at firstname.lastname@example.org